- Who we are:
The Fruit and Veg Box company.
The basis for collection of data is under provided by consent, legitimate interest and completion of contract.
The core principals that we adhere to are that we will ensure that we:
- hold your data securely;
- Never share your details without your agreement
- Use your data to tailor the information we provide you and improve our services;
- Put you in control by allowing you to update, delete and access your data in accordance with the GDPR regulations.
- The information that we collect
- The information we collect (personal or not)
- Why we collect it
- How long we store it
- Our legal basis for processing your personal data.
- Who if anyone we disclose your personal data to.
- Your rights and how you can see, update or delete your personal data.
- Our digital services. This includes our website, managed by us.
- Services we use to communicate like social media
- How to contact us directly, via email, phone, letter
- Data collected through our digital services:
WEBSITE ANALYTICS: We use website log files, cookies, digital analytics (Google) and other mapping software, to gather information about how people use the website.
We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) in our website analytics.
If we were ever to obtain your personal data via the routes in this policy, we may combine website analytics data with your personal data.
Website log files collect your IP address, when you visited the site and the pages you visited. IP address is a numeric code assigned to a device based on your geographical location. If for example you are in Edinburgh your IP address will be the same as other users accessing the internet from Edinburgh.
DIGITAL ANALYTICS & DOUBLECLICK: Digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics and DoubleClick may be used to record anonymous user’s interaction with the website. This data may then be used to retarget users through advertising on other websites, therefore an individual’s behaviour on our website may result in them being retargeted with advertising related to the pages they visited or actions they took on the site.
You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of our use of Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
- The Personal Data you provide when you:
Submit an enquiry we need your name, postal address, email address and telephone contact numbers.
A unique identifier will be ascribed to you in our data handling system.
The legal basis for processing the information is contract, consent and legitimate interest. The information will be retained to allow fulfilment of the appropriate purposes and for no longer than reasonably necessary.
WHEN YOU USE OTHER SERVICES (LIKE FACEBOOK) TO INTERACT WITH US:
When you use a social media platform, details about how your personal information is held, is described within the relevant social media policy, such as Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Your Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulations, you have rights as an individual which you may use in relation to the information that we hold about you. These rights are:
- a right of access to a copy of the information comprised in their personal data;
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- a right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 5th January 2022